IHE on Facebook! Join the discussion. Be Welcomed.
IHE on Facebook in a nutshell. IHE Strives to be….
1. Be welcoming and be open to all.
2. Have as few rules as possible. We have two basic rules: 1. be homeschooling or thinking of homeschooling and 2. be mindful that the people you are talking with online are not nameless, faceless people but local people.
3. Allow for information flow. Members are welcome to post events and information from other sources provided that it is an open event/opportunity.
4. Provide a pathway for any member to plan activities. All members are welcome to create, plan and host events. IHE is what its membership makes of it.
5. Have opportunity for real life support as well as online support. Be accessible to those that are seeking face-to-face contact as well as those who have need of only internet support.
When it comes to membership in IHE you get out what you put in. Activities and discussions are determined by the active membership of IHE. Members are encouraged to post discussions and to plan activities that are of interest to them.
Generally speaking IHE is an oddity in the world of local homeschool support groups first because it has no affiliation, no paperwork and no statements. But also because IHE allows a free flow of information about events, other options for support and local activities from other groups.
As such IHE has gathered an incredibly diverse group of interesting and unique people from all paths of life. Be welcomed all.
Central Iowa Secular Homeschoolers is a group offering support, encouragement, and information to homeschoolers or people considering homeschooling. We always welcome new members but keep our Facebook “closed” so that all posts can only be viewed by members of the group. It helps protect the privacy of our families and children and creates a safer environment for sharing. We may organize group gatherings and tours within central Iowa.
Find Central Iowa Secular Homeschoolers HERE.
CHIC is a Christian Homeschool Support group for families in Iowa County, Iowa
Columbus Academy supports and encourage Roman Catholic families in Iowa that have chosen home education for their children. Social gatherings, field trips, and a high school graduation Mass are just a few of the opportunities provided with membership to Columbus Academy.
HEART is a Christian group that welcomes all homeschool families to share in the wonderful journey of homeschooling!
HEED is a Christian home school support group in the Central Iowa area.
Our purpose as a Christian home education network is to affirm and encourage families in the Eastern Des Moines community and surrounding areas.
We, as parent educators, are committed to successful training in our homes.
We have membership requirements, a Statement of Faith, and $10 annual fee. We encourage our members to attend SHEEP meetings.
To confirm meeting info or ask about membership, please email sheep.group at yahoo.com (type @ instead of “at“)
SLALA is a non-profit, free to join, collaborative group of parents and children that does not emphasize any particular faith or political affiliation, all faiths, backgrounds and learning approaches are welcome to join.
Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/slahomeschool/
A Christian support group for homeschoolers in central Iowa based out of Ankeny, IA.
Our group offers monthly art class, field trips, twice=monthly gym class, and much more.
Serving Ankeny and surrounding communities